Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bottle feeding

I have taken over as part feeder/part authoritarian. My wife bought a breast pump last week and it has changed her life dramatically. She gets to sleep. I have a new found respect for her. I was thinking early on that this parenting thing isn't so bad. I get to sleep a good 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. HA! Well that has changed since she started pumping. I get up now and do one feeding a night. We discussed this after the first night when I got up at 1:30 and was up til 3:30 trying to get Hadley back to sleep. So now I take the 4:30 or so (3:13am, 4:22am) feeding which works better since I usually get up at 5:45am anyway. The other night wasn't so easy. I awoke to the baby hunger crying at 4:22am. She fed easily but then would not go back to bed. I changed her, swaddled her, and then she zonked out in my arms. The MINUTE I put her down, she lost it. Acted as if I was sticking needles in her pinky toe. So we got up and walked around for another 45 minutes. Finally, at around 5:45 she went down and I was able to get two more hours of sleep....but that meant going into work 1.5 hours later.

getting used to the bouncy seat

No comments: