Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sick baby after four-month shots

We had our four-months shots on Tuesday for baby Hadley. The first round went very well, a month ago. This round we were not so lucky. You hear the horror stories of shots gone bad. Then there is the whole "my baby got autism" from the shots she had. One day she was fine, the next....nothing.

I have heard from mothers that sometimes their baby's react fine to the shots, and others say it was a nightmare for the next day or so. We can only hope that this subsides soon.

We have been scared to death over talk about shots relating to Autism. Then yesterday, she was not herself. Now I don't want to scare my readers into thinking the worst. I think she just has a case of the "ouch, you poked me 5 times and I am upset and agitated, and will cry all night and not eat for two days."

Last night we were up until 2:00 am. The only thing that works is me walking in circles around our kitchen table singing some Poison or Madonna. I even pulled out the stops with some "White Christmas," but that didn't even soothe her. But finally she gave in and fell asleep. We got a good solid 4 hours of sleep after that.

As I mentioned in my last post, the aching arms are back in full force. But I should not complain, that poor little one is dealing with much worse feelings.

I hope she has a better day today. Will keep you posted.

No comments: